– Advertisement – By Mafugi Ceesay Some 14 people were arrested in Sukuta last evening after clashing with a demolition squad sent to implement a Physical Planning order on a land situated in Salagi.Among those
– Advertisement – By Amadou Jadama Momodou Ceesay, a US-based Gambian Muslim cleric has strongly condemned the recent trials and convictions of imams from Brikama for leading Friday prayers.At least three Imams were tried and
– Advertisement – By Omar Bah After lawmakers failed to agree on the extension of the state of emergency, President Adama Barrow last night invoked a constitutional power to ensure a continuation of the emergency
– Advertisement – By Omar Bah The National Assembly has finally approved the appointment of Bakary Sanyang as the new Ombudsman.Lawmakers last month referred Sanyang’s appointment to the Assembly Public Appointment Committee for scrutiny. –
– Advertisement – Press Release The inaugural 2020 conference organised by UK-based consortium Mboka Festival of Arts Culture and Sport goes digital on Monday 25 May at 5pm (6pm UK; 1pm EST; 7pm South Africa).
– Advertisement – By Njundu Drammeh Is there any official length for a Constitution? A chilling criticism against the 2020 Draft Constitution, which is gaining currency amongst our intellectuals, lawyers and social commentators, is that